Thursday 6 November 2014

Medium Format

As this assignment requires the use of Medium Format, we took a class outing to gain experience shooting with Mamiya 645s. During the first year we undertook a Portrait module using a Hasselblad, I enjoyed using these cameras & film because of the superior quality that can be captured within the restricted frames, so it slows the process of taking a picture down. I did struggle with getting focus perfect however so I'd like to improve this time around in that regard.







I enjoyed shooting medium format film again and seeing the quality & tones that can be created. I got some nice images in focus & even managed to capture the motion of Lisa in the playground. When shooting urban landscape I will be shooting colour so will expect different results. I liked how accurate & reliable the Mamiya light meter was in the viewfinder so I didn't have to rely on a handheld meter.

No comments:

Post a Comment